HAHAHA!

Thursday, November 13, 2008

WATER, WATER EVERYWHERE...!

We went swimming again Tuesday morning with Gent, Mike and TJ. (These guys go swimming so much I think they are turning into fish!) I bought a swimming cap this time and let's just say it would not be a pleasant sight if I were bald...so I'm sorry but no pictures of me are being posted this time. I think the cap did help me a little though. I have issues with my ears under water. It makes me insane when I get water in them so it helped to keep the water out. Anyway here are the guys swimming...I tried to get pictures of all of their faces but it was hard because my camera has a slight delay so this is the best I could do...


Gent did 36 lenghts this time without stopping! His goal is to do 72 lengths without stopping which would be a mile so he is half way there. Good job honey! Keep it up!

TJ, Gent and Mike resting from swimming their guts out...

After we got home from swimming I decided to clean the house and finish up with the laundry. In between loads I decided to put Treygen down for a nap so I threw a load in and went upstairs to put him down. I have been trying to get through the Twilight series before the movie comes out and I am finally on to Breaking Dawn! So after I got Treygen to sleep I read for about 10 minutes and then went downstairs to start dinner. I came down the stairs and found that I had a swimming pool in my kitchen! The water tube for the washer had come out of the wall and had flooded everything! The water was seriously an inch deep and filled my entire laundry room and kitchen and was soaking about 5 feet onto the carpet in our dining area. I was freaking out!! I didn't know what to do so I shut off the washer and ran to our closet. Towels would have been no help so I pulled out like 6 blankets and threw them on the floor which now I realize was probably not the best thing to do either. I had to call Gent to come home and bring the wet vac from work. It took us 4 hours to clean up everything. The water had gone in our pantry and in the laundry room closet where I had a ton of food storage on the floor in boxes. I had to pull it all out and throw away all the wet boxes, dry everything off, clean up the water and put it all back away. We have had water flooding twice now in just over a month! Why does this keep happening to me?! I had just barely got to the point where I didn't notice the awful smell from our carpet in our basement living room and now it will be back for at least another month! Wonderful!

We had to haul out the dining room table, chairs and rug to try to dry all the carpet that got wet. Here is Treygen being a good boy in his bumbo and watching us try to clean it up.

And here he is helping me clean out the food storage...
On a happier note, we found a fun way for Treygen to enjoy doing laundry with mom. He loves it!


5 comments:

Missy said...

Oh man floods are not fun and the smell is the worst part. Treygen is too cute helping you with the laundry, Brax loves to unfold all the clothes I just folded little turd but you got to love them.

Nancy Mc said...

I feel bad for you. I hate water mishaps!
Gent is amazing to be swimming that far. 2 of my sons are training for a tiratholon. Is Gent going to an open water or swimming pool one? You are a trooper to be doing the swimming too!

hoLLY said...

oh my heck I cant believe you flooded again!!!! what a mess, Im so sorry you should have called me I would have come help you!!!!! love the video of Treygen, that looks so much fun!!!

backspace831 said...

What a good wife and mommy you are to do all of that for your family. And what rotten luck you have with floods. I'll knock on wood that this is your last experience.

Giselle Rasheta said...

He is so cute and so good to sit there and watch...I feel so bad that you had another flood! Good luck with the smell, and I'll be watching for more updates. Enjoy your books!