HAHAHA!

Monday, November 10, 2008

Swimming with daddy!

Just some background info before I begin...About a year ago we had a family vacation/family reunion with Gent's side of the family. We went to Six Lakes which is by Altamont. It's just a private capming spot with a few cabins surrounded by six private lakes. We had a lot of fun fishing, catching crawdads, playing games, four wheeling, etc. One afternoon while Gent and I had all the little nieces and nephews with us catching crawdads Gentry decided that on the way back to the cabin he was going to jump in one of the lakes and swim to the other side. I didn't think this was a good idea but Superman didn't listen to me... So heading back he took off his shirt and shoes and jumped in. He got about 30 feet out and realized he wasn't going to make it. I don't know how to swim so there was no way I could jump in and help. After panicking for a minute, he turned around and made it back to us. It was pretty scary at the time but we like to laugh about it now. So on with my post...Gentry has decided that he is going to do a triathlon next fall so he has been exercising, biking, and swimming like crazy. He goes swimming at least 2-3 times a week. He has really improved and we are so proud of him. Treygen and I met up with him, Mike, Angel and Hunter last Friday to swim with them. Gentry did 26 lengths and then let me take a turn. I only did 12 and stopped in between. Not because I was tired but because I didn't know what I was doing. Then Gent got back in and did 20 lengths without stopping. He was very excited and would have kept going but we had to leave. Good job honey! I just wanted to show this video of the guys and Angel swimming. I didn't add on the video of me because it is way too embarassing. It really just looks like my arms and feet are flying about everywhere and I am out of control. I have no technique!



Treygen playing with me while we waited for Gent.

Hunt waiting to get in the water. One lifeguard came and told us he couldn't be in the lanes and to get a lifejacket on him so...

Here he is not very happy that he couldn't be in the water until his mom was done and having to wear this lifejacket.

Here I am with my goggles on, my earplugs in, and putting on my nose plug. I am a freak, I know... If I had one of those rubber hat things to put on my head it would have made me complete!

Treygen hanging out with daddy while I tried to swim...

Thanks to Mike and his dad for letting us come swimming! We had a good time!

9 comments:

{Rollins Family} said...

the video doesn't work :(
** you don't know how to swim?!?!

kara said...

Thanks for saying "Hi" Gentry! Chris did a triathalon last fall and it was sooo fun to cheer him on. Good luck with training! Alyssa- you are hilarious about your swim gear, that is exactly what I look whenever I have attempted to swim. I am in you same situation, I can stay afloat, but when it comes to laps, forget it. Good luck! :) We are going to try to do one together in March..we'll see. Chris has to coach me on swimming first.

hoLLY said...

how fun!!! good for Gent, that will be a great acomplishment! I dont think I can get into a swim suit yet!

Katie said...

Go Gent! Kirk loves doing triathalons! Alyssa--sounds like you need to join him, you did great at swimming 12 laps!

Emily said...

Oh Lish, you are so cute. And Trey Man, too. Why is it that all men think they are Superman? That is cool though that he has the stamina to swim like that. I couldn't do it! Why don't we really know how to swim?

Giselle Rasheta said...

How fun! I have enjoyed swimming laps, but got pretty good when I was a lifeguard and we had to swim them all the time...that's probably good to be a decent swimmer if you're a lifeguard, I guess :)

I LOVE your Halloween costume. I can't believe you made it, I'm seriously very impressed. Trey is so cute!

the LOTT family said...

lys those pictures are hilarious. we miss you and bubba so much! we will have to go swimming when you learn how so that you can teach me and jaydin. haha. you are so silly.

kara said...

Hey Gentry, will you email your phone number? Thanks a bunch. (My husband wants to pick your brain. :)

natural_readhead@yahoo.com

the LOTT family said...

WHERES THE FLOOD? IM WAITING!